I’m between books. It’s WEIRD!! But I’m trying to ignore the weird feeling and go with the flow of the many, many things I can and should be doing between books.
So far… here’s what I’ve done since subbing Man Drought:
- Started exercising again. Hopefully it’s fourth time lucky on the Couch to 5k running program. My persistent back injury keeps stopping my progress but I started again this morning and already I feel great.
- Watch movies with my kids – something I rarely do, because when they have ”Quiet Time” I try to write, yes, I feel GUILTY about that. So yesterday was Lady and The Tramp and we haven’t yet decided what this arvo’s will be.
- Mop the floor, and catch up on all the other household tasks that fall by the wayside when I’m in the final throws of a manuscript – let’s be honest, they fall by the wayside in the beginning and middle of a manuscript too.
- Spend some time with hubby – read sit on the couch and attack my TBR pile while he annoyingly flicks the channels on the TV with the remote. Hey, at least I’m multi-tasking – reading and spending quality time with the man. Well, almost quality!
- Write blog posts for my upcoming release – I’ve only just started but am going to do lots of this this week.
- Read for my CPs – I’ve been a terrible crit partner of late, so am going to try and catch up, starting by reading some of Cathryn Hein’s and Becca J Heath’s wips.
- Dream a LOT about what book I should write next and try to come up with a good plot, characters, etc.
- Cook more – which means more cakes and desserts, not main meals, much to my hubby’s disgust.
- Think about catching up on the photo scrapbooks I’ve started for the boys. High Maintenance’s first year is done (and beautiful), Trouble’s is about half a year complete, and His Lordship has an album but it is empty. Yes, I am HORRIBLY behind.
- Oh and this week, I am spending a WHOLE day in Perth on my own (read – no kids) to get my hair done and shop! I can’t WAIT!!!
Have I missed anything? What do you do when you’re on a break from work?