Have just finished the rough draft of my mss. I say ‘finish’ very loosely cos I still have to go back and revise the sex scenes as requested by the editor but there’s a whole book to work with now.
So here goes:
Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
1. I was in Kojonup, having only just moved there and having just come back from gorgeous holiday in Queenstown, NZ.
2. I had one hubby, one child, one dog and one cat.
3. I knew I wanted to write but looking back (oh hindsight) knew absolutely nothing about writing.
4. I had just bought my first laptop – unfortunately due to the Rach-computer-curse, I’ve lost count of how many there’s been since then.
5. I had just decided I wanted to write a non-fiction book about breastfeeding.
Question 2: What is (was) on your to do list today?
1. Finish rough draft of novel – check! (if I forget about the sex scenes that still need fixing)
2. Make a shepherd’s pie for dinner, which my kids will turn their noses up at – check!
3. Get my legs, lip and brow waxed – fail (my friend the beautician forgot our appointment)
4. Contact the stupid College of Teaching about my registration renewal – fail (who wants to waste a kidfree morning on the phone to them?)
5. Change and wash the bedsheets which I try to do every Friday – fail (but hey it’s only lunchtime)
Question 3: What five snacks do you enjoy?
1. Cake- anything but fruit cake! Became a fiend when I was pregnant with High Maintenance.
2. Diet Coke – like Jackie, drinks are snacks to me. I allow myself one can a day, unless its a naughty day – like today.
3. Chocolate -need I say more?
4. Cereal – don’t much like it for breakfast but in the evening it’s fabulous.
5. Popcorn – especially from the movies or freshly popped!
Question 4: What five places have you lived in?
2. Newcastle, England.
Question 5: What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Travel more – first stop Hollywood where I want to set my next book.
2. Buy my unromantic hero his own supermarket. If I were a billionaire he could probably retire, but that’d kill him.
3. Fly my best school friends to England to see Amy.
4. Send my boys to fabulous schools.
5. Y’know? I’m finding this question hard… don’t know if being filthy rich would suit me?!?!
Nominating 5 blogs: Ooh this is tough… especially cos a lot of my fave blogs have already been nominated. Luckily I lurve LOTS of blog people.