As I’ve said in previous years, I write goals (to do with writing) each year and don’t make resolutions. I feel goals are more likely to be achieved as they really give me something to work towards. My goals are more concrete than resolutions and it’s obvious looking back whether I have achieved them or not.
Last December I made the below goals – in PINK I’ll let you know how I went with them:
1) Finish rewriting Hollywood Heartbreak and sub to Carina Press. – Check! This book has since been retitled as STAND-IN STAR which releases January 7th.
2) Finish my new Single Title – MAN DROUGHT – edit and sub. – Check! I subbed this book in May and received and offer for it and another book in June. It officially releases tomorrow but there’ve already been sightings out in shops 🙂
3) Write the second in my Hollywood series (hopefully by the time I start, I’ll know whether the first has been sold). Didn’t happen. When I got the two book contract from Harlequin Australia, I had to focus on that first.
4) Write a novella – this is something that has always terrified me, so I’m going to read lots of them before attempting one. It’ll either be a themed seasonal novella or one linked to Man Drought that can maybe be a free promo. – Check! Finished this yesterday actually. It’s called THE KISSING SEASON and hopefully will be available next festive season.
5) Read more (it’s ALWAYS on my list). – I read 54 books in 2012. I have a feeling this is less than last year. Certainly felt like I had a lot less reading time 😦
6) Re-do my website. – Check! The fabulous Paula Roe did this for me in April. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you can do so here.
7) Publish my non-fiction book BREASTFEEDERS ANONYMOUS on Amazon. – Check! Or rather my fabulous mum did this. If you’d like to check it out click here.